E-Business Monitor offers an online platform for large and medium sized organizations looking to improve their E-Business / Digital Marketing performance. Participation is free of charge.
For organizations to continue to grow and improve performance, benchmarking is an essential tool. The mission of the E-Business Monitor is to help advance the industry by providing a global, independent and comprehensive standard benchmark.’
About the E-Business Monitor
The E-Business Monitor is more than just another survey, it is an improvement tool. This means that participants need to invest about 45 minutes in answering all three key sections: readiness, performance and enablers. After completing each topic, their results are directly available in the Reporting section (My Report). The E-Business Monitor also offers custom benchmarking (My Benchmark) against global, country, sector and custom peer groups. The E-Business Monitor provides digital marketing professionals worldwide with actionable insights on how to improve E-Business maturity & performance. Learn more about the results of the E-Business Monitor.
Participation is free of charge.
The E-Business Monitor is ideal for larger organizations using the benchmark for assessing their internal organization. Advanced reporting functionalities are available at a reasonable priced yearly contribution. This makes the E-Business Monitor ideal for executives, managers and specialists willing to challenge the norm, to build successful (e)businesses and lead the way.’
The E-Business Monitor provides a benchmark measurement of how well participants are performing across the 3 sections and 16 topics of best practice. Participants are classified on 4 levels of the E-Business Monitor Index:
- Innovators: are well balanced across all disciplines, indicating both a well performing team, effective channel and the ability to get results. These organizations are well under way to become truly ‘E-Business’ organizations.
- Professionals: are well balanced across all disciplines but also have some areas that need improvement. These organizations are above average performance and represent the 50-75% of participant scores.
- Learners: score well in at least one section but typically have multiple areas that need improvement. These organizations have potential for improvement, often relatively easy to realize. This group represents the 25-50% of participant scores.
- Starters: are the least performing organizations, facing challenges in multiple areas. They have an average of 0-25% of participant scores.
E-Business Monitor Benefits include:
- Comprehensive research model covering three key areas of E-Business performance
- Direct reporting and benchmarking (no consultants involved)
- Independent organization (vendor neutral)
- Exclusively for client-side (brand) executives, managers and specialists only
- Introduction to the E-Business Monitor Framework
- Performance indicators used
- Overview of Reporting & Benchmarking